cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax settings for sending only

zayde
Contributor

My machine is ImageClass MF236n

I do not want to receive faxes on it - I use eFax to receive faxes on my email.   But I do want to send faxes.

The telephone line I connect to the printer to send faxes is the same line that I use for regular telephone calls.  What RX settings are appropriate to ensure that the machine does not respond to incoming calls ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi zayde!

It is recommended that you set the receive mode to Manual. Please follow the steps below to change the receive mode to Manual:

1.  Press  and tap <Fax>.

2.  Tap <RX Mode>.

3.  Select [Manual].

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you require any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi zayde!

It is recommended that you set the receive mode to Manual. Please follow the steps below to change the receive mode to Manual:

1.  Press  and tap <Fax>.

2.  Tap <RX Mode>.

3.  Select [Manual].

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you require any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Very simple and clear. Thank you especially for displaying the screens, not just 'tap...tap .... select'.
Announcements