cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan runs even in sleep mode

emz_upal
Apprentice

I purchases a new Canon imageclass D1620 multi printer. When I press the sleep button, the screen goes off instantly but the fan runs until the auto sleep mode start after 1 minute. I changed the default period from 1 min to 5 min, but it does the same thing. Is it normal? Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello emz_upal,

The sleep mode will not have the ability to turn off the fan. When the printer is going to sleep or shutting down, the fan will run for a set period of time to cool the components of the printer. To ensure that the printer operates properly, you would not be able to adjust the fan setting. It is also suggested to always turn off the printer using the operation panel as opposed to using any power switches or surge protectors so the fan can run before the machine turns off.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Do I thnik something is wrong, no.

You'll have to contact Canon to confirm the expected behavior.  

This can often be attributed to a shutdown sequence where the fan runs to ensure the device has properly cooled down. 

Changing the duration before the device sleeps.  (1 min, 5 min.) 

When the interval is reached, how long does the fan run before the system sleeps?  (Same amount of time?)

I suspect this is normal.  If you want to confirm, I'd call Canon.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you that the machine takes some times to cool down even I press the sleep button, and the machine will automatically goes sleep mode after a certain period. 

I changed the auto sleep mode start to 5 min. And when I press the sleep button, the screen goes off right a way but the fan continue to runs upto 5 minutes. I am actually confused, the machine only follows whatever period I specify(1 , 2 or 5 min) to go sleep mode. 

I also tried to upgrade the firmwire, and it says, the machine already has the latest firmwire installed. 

Any idea, if this behavoiur is normal or shouid I return. Thank you.

Hello emz_upal,

The sleep mode will not have the ability to turn off the fan. When the printer is going to sleep or shutting down, the fan will run for a set period of time to cool the components of the printer. To ensure that the printer operates properly, you would not be able to adjust the fan setting. It is also suggested to always turn off the printer using the operation panel as opposed to using any power switches or surge protectors so the fan can run before the machine turns off.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements