cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mf733cdw Primary transfer disengagement mechanism error

LP1
Apprentice

How can I fix e078-0000 Primary transfer disengagement mechanism error on my mf733cdw?  This machine was a very recent purchase.  The printer won't leave the error screen even with power cycling.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

If "very recent" I'd return it.  Who needs that headache.

Remedies for this error include:

1. Check the harnesses/connectors connecting the Primary Transfer Disengagement Switch, the Primary Transfer Disengagement Solenoid and the Engine Controller PCB. 2. Replace the Primary Transfer Disengagement Switch. 3. Replace the Primary Transfer Disengagement Solenoid. 4. Replace the Engine Controller PCB.

Not things you as a consumer should have to deal with after recent purchase.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Going through the same issue. Shouldn't have this headache nor the nerdanese to get it resolved.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi LP1.

This error does indicate that the printer may require service. Please call call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-866-261-9362 or 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

I understand that the forum may be your preferred choice of communication, but this issue will need to be resolved with our telephone support group.

There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements