cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Out of Paper message for LBP622C

Bhertz
Apprentice

I keep getting an Out of Paper message but the tray is full. I've tried everything I can think of...checked and double-checked settings, restarted, reloaded the driver, tried different paper. Nothing works. It won't print. It's as if the paper tray is no longer talking to the printer, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the tray. Help!

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Bhertz,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What paper size and type are you trying to print on?
  2. What is the full message you get for "out of paper"?
  3. Are you loading the paper into the paper drawer or is it the multipurpose tray?

1) 8-1/2 x 11, 20-lb paper

2) First line: No Paper. Under that: LTR: Plain 1. Under that: <Cancel>. All I can do is cancel. The Error light is also flashing. 

3) Loading into the paper tray. I've checked it and double-checked and it is loaded correctly, including the tabs to secure it. 

One difference today...the printer has been turned off for the past three days. When I turned it on it displayed this message for the first time: "IPv4 address has been changed. 10.0.0.71" Not sure if that's because I purchased another printer (had to keep working) that is on the WiFi network or not. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Bhertz.

The issue looks like the paper size is not properly registered on the printer or the incorrect, driver is being used on your computer. You can try registering the letter paper size using the steps in the link HERE. Once that is done, you can try printing again.

If that does not work, you can remove any connections for the printer from the computer and you  can try reinstalling the recommended drivers from the link HERE.

If you see the message about the ip address, it will usually mean that the printer's IP address was assigned via DHCP and the ip address has changed. When assigned via DHCP the address can change.

I'm not sure what you mean by "registering the letter paper size using the link HERE." When I click on that link, it takes me to the drivers, which I have installed and reinstalled several times (after deleting from my PC each time). I did upgrade to Windows 11 recently, but am pretty sure it printed okay after that, at least for a while. Maybe not. I can't remember for sure. 

Announcements