cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplex Print 644cdw

Ariel
Contributor

I have been trying this for the longest

It will not print the same page twice on both sides on mac or pc...and the two side print box is selected.. It prints on one side and spits it out..its done...

Never Again Canon..you lied.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What application are you printing from?

This issue typically occurs when the print settings in the application you are printing from don't match the print driver settings, or vice versa.  Example, I set duplex printing in my printer driver, but leave duplex set to one sided printing in WORD, the result is a single sided print.  Its probably something obvious you may have overlooked.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I will check but Im also On a MAC....hope that doent make a difference , thank you for the reply.

I had just downloaded some PDF's but les just say I wanted to print my daughters picture on both side of the paper, It just will not if I choose 2 copies it will print two separate copies..

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What, specifically, are you trying to do?  It sounds like you are printing a single page, setting copies to 2, and setting duplex?  I don't think that would ever work if that's the case.

I just tested this with my HP printer and Apple's Pages app.  Set copies to 2, duplex on, and set a print range of just a single page.  It printed on two sheets of paper with content on one side only.   That's what I had expected it to do.

Note: I did this test with collate on and off; no difference.

Unless there's a very specific printer setting to enable, I think you'll need to duplicate your single-page in your document so as to have two pages now with the same content.  Then, print those two pages with duplex on.

Or... figure out the page orientation as it runs through the printer.  Print out your first side.  Re-insert the paper and print on its other side.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank You Thank You  Thank You 

I will have to duplicate on two sheets....

I printed all my ppt slides on one page, but I want that  output on both side of the paper.  (same on one side , same on back)

I tried to even use the copier..to reproduce the one side on both....no such luck but the method you propose might work.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ariel,

For the duplex option to work, you would need to be printing a multiple page document. If you have a single page document and you change the copy number to two, it will print two separate pages. You can try adding an additional page to your document and then putting the image on that second page as well. You won't need to change the copy number and it will print page one on the front and page two on the back when you have duplex turned on.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements