cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF641Cw: Can't print two-sided

jms0717
Apprentice

I've had this printer for a couple of months, and I have not been able to get it to print on both sides. I am using regular letter sized paper, and have tried to change the settings, but it prints the "back" page on a new sheet, upside down. Please help! I was hoping to print something this weekend without using twice as much paper as necessary, so I can't call until tomorrow. 

Thanks, 

Jessie

21 REPLIES 21

Darius
Whiz

Hi jms0717.

When the print settings on the printer and print settings on the computer conflict, the print settings on the computer will take priority.  Ensure duplex/two-sided printing is enabled on the computer, and that the Media Type matches what's registered to the printer.  If this problem continues, it may be due to use of default drivers or other non-Canon drivers; try removing the printer and then reinstalling it using Canon's drivers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

GunnyB
Apprentice
I just now installed and configured printer. Connected thru my home router. Printed two docks thru the Canon print service app on ky android phone, with "double-sided" selected in print dialog box/screen - still prints one-sided. Any ideas? Thx in advancs 😊

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Gunny B,

If you are trying to print double sided images from an Android device, I would suggest our Canon Print Business app. It will give you control over the print settings when printing from an Android to our MF641Cw. The Canon print service was designed for our Pixma product line and does not work as well with ImageCLASS series.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ariel
Contributor
Nope still doesnt work on the 644cdw either, they duped us..

MommaJ
Apprentice

Is there any solution to this? I purchased this printer because it says duplex printing, but even after uninstalling/installing multiple times, I still do not get the duplex option. So frustrating.

Hi, MommaJ!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12/13), or are you using a mobile device? If so, which version of iOS or Android are you using?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I see no error messages. Windows 11. I have installed/uninstalled thinking I got the wrong driver, but that did not help. I have drilled down into settings and preferences and have found where I was able to check off duplex printing, and in fact set it as a defualt preference for the printer. While the print options SAY 2 sided when I click print...everything still prints one side only.

MommaJ_1-1669920081071.png

Hi, I have the same issue. I want to print two-sided and I don't see the option anywhere. Well actually it is grayed out in the printer dialog box settings. Is there a way to enable it? I am using mac monterey 12.6.1 and I am using the latest driver from the website 10.19.13. Please advise

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello MommaJ,

The window that you attached are showing the layouts for the printer. In the window that you sent an image of, you will find the setting that you are looking for. You can click on the tab at the top for finishing and you can select 2 sided printing for the print style.

Announcements