cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF641Cw: Can't print two-sided

jms0717
Apprentice

I've had this printer for a couple of months, and I have not been able to get it to print on both sides. I am using regular letter sized paper, and have tried to change the settings, but it prints the "back" page on a new sheet, upside down. Please help! I was hoping to print something this weekend without using twice as much paper as necessary, so I can't call until tomorrow. 

Thanks, 

Jessie

22 REPLIES 22

MommaJ_0-1671189858088.png

Yes, it is set to 2 sided there as well; however, every print is still single sided, but it does flip so the second page is now upside down.  Any other suggestions? 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello MommaJ,

If the print is coming out upside down on the other page, You can change the stapling side setting to short edge and it should resolve the issue. If you continue to have problems printing on both sides of the paper, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Hi, I have the same issue. I want to print two-sided and I don't see the option anywhere. Well actually it is grayed out in the printer dialog box settings. Is there a way to enable it? I am using mac monterey 12.6.1 and I am using the latest driver from the website 10.19.13. Please advise

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good Morning,

Applies to Windows or Mac:

In addition to the to the settings in the printer driver, the application you are printing from can also affect the printer's output.  Many times people have the correct settings in the printer driver, but have conflicting settings in the application or program they are using. 

Mac Specific:

If the duplex option in printer properties is greyed out, it means this option was not selected (checked) when the printer was installed, or the driver being used is not the Canon specific driver.

This thread is two years old.  Some are using windows, others Mac.  This makes it difficult to provide answers for others who might be looking for specific solutions. 

It's best to start your own thread when asking for help.  This gives your specific issue visibility and also allows responses which pertain specifically to your hardware, operating system and environment. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

faheyd
Apprentice

I have a MF641Cw with the latest drivers/firmware on win10.  Everything works except 2-sided printing. It's set in the driver as shown on PC and on the Android Business App it is grey'd out, not selectable (just checked again on app and 2-sided isn't even visible anymore).  I had a previously replaced Canon B&W laser and it printed 2-sided fine. Any help would be appreciated.print-1.jpgprint-2.jpgScreenshot_2023-05-30-14-13-18-18_d417e95c6c09d78383dfd212e58890fc.jpgScreenshot_2023-05-30-14-11-00-86_d417e95c6c09d78383dfd212e58890fc.jpg

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

On the Android app, is the data field in question marked "2 on 1"? When I print something from my Samsung Galaxy A51 to either my MF743 or my church's MF733, I use Canon's Print Service app. It does provide an option for two-sided printing.

Screenshot_20230530_231311_Print Spooler.jpg

No go on my 641cw, that selection is greyed out, see pic.print-3a.jpg

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

If the printer's drivers are up-to-date and no optioning/programming conflicts....a factory reset could be attempted, or reaching out to Canon Customer Support to have a representative troubleshoot.

I just did a factory reset, deleted printers off the windows 10 pc, and reinstalled.  Still no go.  Looks like everything is ready to go. driver sees 2-sided copy, changed setting to 'preview' as attached jpg shows. NO GOOD. Oh well, looks like a  call/msg to support for this one, see attached pics.    print-4.jpgprint-4a.jpg

Let us know what the final outcome is. 🙂

Announcements