cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Address Book setup?

twalker_TNC
Apprentice

We have a Canon IR-ADV C5240 and C5235.  For years, we've manually configured the address book for employees at both printers.  It's time for some automation.  I can see in the documentation that these printers can connect to a "remote address book", but nowhere do I find any description of what they're connecting to.

1)  Can I set one printer to be a "master" address book, then have the other printer get the book from it?  At least that way, I have to manually update data at only one location, cutting the manual work in half.

2) Can I set the printer to use names/emails from an email list in Active Directory/Exchange?  That way, the list is kept updated through other means.  Very convenient.

3) Finally, is there some application that I can install on a Windows machine that then serves as a Canon Address Book service provider?  Where do I find this installer?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, twalker_TNC!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

There should be a thumbs down indicator for responses like this.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend
@keithcorkran wrote:

There should be a thumbs down indicator for responses like this.

Hi Keith,

Welcome to the community.  

Actually no.  Canon has a dedicated dealer network that support its Image Runner Products.  These are not consumer printers.  They are professional devices intended for small and medium business as well as enterprise.  

shadowsports_0-1712354862468.png

Canon does this to ensure customer satisfaction and experience. 

This is a 6 yr old topic,  the issue has likely been addressed. 😉

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements