cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color MF 644CDW excess ink transfer

Inkdust
Apprentice

Prior to changing the original ink the printer worked fine. Afterwards I now have blue, yellow, and red streaks on the edges, or middle of my pages. Sometimes they appear, sometimes they don't. I cleaned the roller on the back side of the printer which I thought may be the problem, but the excess/unwanted ink streaks return. It makes my print jobs less professional. What can I do to fix this? I purchased the printer in May of 2020. Tia

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Inkdust,

If you are getting toner streaks or smudges when you try to print, you can try cleaning the printer's ITB and the fixing assembly. You can find the steps to clean those items using the link HERE. If the issue began after replacing the toner, you can also try removing the toner cartridges and then inspecting the printer interior for any loose toner powder. If you find any, you can clean the interior with a damp lint free cloth.

If you continue to have the issue, you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with checking what is causing the issue or to provide any service options.

Announcements