cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon imageCLASS D570 printer stopped scanning

vhaporhenryp
Apprentice

I've been using this printer to both scan and print for 4 years, and it has worked fine up until now.

When I go to scan something, I press COPY/SCAN button, choose "Computer" OK, "Color Scan" OK, and "Confirm Destination" OK. But now, instead of humming away and scanning the item like it used to do, it just says "An error occurred" and an orange "Error" light flashes. Then, when I re-choose "Color Scan" and "Confirm Destination" I get both the green "Processing/Data" light and orange "Error" lights flashing until it ends up with "An error occurred" message, and the orange light stays on. I've tried opening and closing all the parts of the machine, turning it off, unplugging and replugging it, and no change. I tried printing a page (which works fine), but the orange light keeps flashing; and when I attempt a scan, I get the same result described above.

4 REPLIES 4

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Because other functions work as intended, I would reach out to Canon Customer Support to determine if the unit would need to be sent in for a repair.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Vhaporhenryp,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you connecting via USB or is it over a network?
  3. Are you able to scan using the scanner software installed on the computer or do you get an error as well?

taltman
Apprentice

Hi, I'm experiencing this exact same issue. Here's my answer to those questions.

1) Mac computer but running a Windows OS
2) Connected via USB
3) Cannot scan from the computer. I tried and got an error message.

taltman
Apprentice

I contacted customer support and did the following - which ended up working to restore my scan function.

1) turn off the scanner/printer
2) restart your computer
3) after it fully boots up, turn on the scanner/printer
4) open MF Scan Utility 
5) make sure that correct scanner/printer is listed in the top right corner
6) under "scan now" select "document"

This should result in you being able to scan and having the scan pop up on your computer like normal. Afterwards, you should be able to scan using the normal process with the printer/scanner. Hope this works for you!

Announcements