Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

MF 642/644 how to print 4x6 snap shots

I just got my Canon color image class MF 642 CDW and I can't for the life of me figure out how to print 4x6 color snap shots using 4x6 photo paper. Is there an easy explanation? I looked the user guide over and over and can't get it. Change paper size, change this and that. I'm not used to all this in a printer. Hope some one can help, Thanks in advance, MnDave

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: MF 642/644 how to print 4x6 snap shots

Hi MnDave.

Printing to the MF642Cdw will require you to register the paper size on the printer, to one of your paper feed sources, and then select that size and/or source on the computer.

Please be careful that you are using paper intended for laser printers.  If using Inkjet photo paper, the coating may cause damage or other problems to the internal components of laser printers.  The type of paper (inkjet or laser) should clearly be labeled on the paper's packaging.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  4x6 is not a default paper size (really? that seems odd to me but okay).

I registered it as a custom using the remote portal and i can select it when i load paper in the manual tray.  However, there is still no 4x6 paper option in the print settings on the computer.  Running Windows 10.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am running Win10. I've set the customer size on the device, but on the PC there is no option.

More detailed instructions would be helpful. 4x6 is pretty common size I agree.