cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer Imageclass MF445dw Print Smudging

GoshenIF
Apprentice

I use my printer for various things especially printing images for T-shirts. I have been getting lately smudges that distort the images or words. I have cleaned what I could from searching how to clean but nothing is working, I purchased non canon toner to see if it was the toner but I had to return because it wasn't compatible. If cleaning it didn't work, should i try another toner or is it something else? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello GoshenIF,

If you are getting smudges on the prints, you can try cleaning the Image Transfer Belt and the fixing assembly. If that does not resolve the issue, you can try removing the toner and checking the inside of the printer for any loose toner powder that you can wipe up with a damp cloth. If you still have smudges on the prints after performing cleanings and checking the inside of the printer, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware. you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666 or log into your MyCanon account to check your service options.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello GoshenIF,

If you are getting smudges on the prints, you can try cleaning the Image Transfer Belt and the fixing assembly. If that does not resolve the issue, you can try removing the toner and checking the inside of the printer for any loose toner powder that you can wipe up with a damp cloth. If you still have smudges on the prints after performing cleanings and checking the inside of the printer, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware. you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666 or log into your MyCanon account to check your service options.

GoshenIF
Apprentice

Thank you Hector, it appears I may have to get it serviced. Neither method worked. 

Announcements