cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Maxify MB5320 gives error code:9,244,3 when trying to scan from panel

Dikirok
Contributor

I was running Windows 8.1 and had a Canon MX850. Everything was running fine.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and the MX850 would print ok but would not find the PC when clicking the scan button on the printer. Since the printer is 7 years old I decided to buy a new printer and opted for the above device (MB5320).

The instructions to make scanning work are atrocious. I had to work it out on my own. I managed to scan from the PC somehow although I'm not sure I could do it again.

When I try to scan from the panel on the printer I get the above error:

You do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder.

Code:9,244,3.

I do not know what folder the printer is trying to write to so I gave my login full control of the entire C: drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

22 REPLIES 22

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dikirok,

Please try reinstalling the driver for your MAXIFY MB5320.  To download and install the latest driver, please follow these steps:

1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2. Type MAXIFY MB5320 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.

3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4. Under Recommended Downloads, please click on the MB5300 series Full Driver & Software Package.

5. If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

6. Click the Download button.

7. A File Download box should appear. When it does, select Save.

8. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

9. Double click [win-mb5300-1_0-ucd.exe] to begin installation of your MAXIFY MG5320.

Follow the prompts to finish the installation.

Once reinstalled, please open the IJ Scan Utility to scan with your MAXIFY MB5320.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for responding. I am out of town at the moment so I can't try to reinstall the software and drivers. However, since this is a brand new printer and I literally just ran through the procedure you describe to set it up in the first place I doubt it will change anything.

Your suggestion to try and test the fix shows that you may not have read my issue since I stated that scanning from the computer works fine already. It is scanning from the printer that gives the error.

Thanks again

I also have this problem with MG7560 new printer, Windows 10, downloaded driver now cant scan... very annoying. I downloaded new driver...thinking of going back to windows 7. canon - are you listening or reading this. Upset customer right here. Pls advise. Sat 15 August 2015..all good now. ran as administrator problem fixed. happy customer again. i can scan

Try it logged on as someone else or create a new user account. I'd like to see the answer from Canon too, but Microsoft should have got us to close everything during the upgrade. Good luck.

i had the same problem.

Go in to your install locations for example... local disk */program files/canon/IJ Scan Utility

find the SCANUTILITY.exe file and right click on ity and go to properties - compatibility - change seetings for all users - tick the box for run this programn as an administrator.

This worked for me. hope it helps!

Thanks Doobie, running as administrator works.
There must be another file somewhere that the scan utility checks for permitted users but is bypassed if it's run as administrator.
So it didn't make any difference giving all users full control of files in the Canon folders.

I am running as administrator, and this didn't help.

Added permissions to the folder, got this error multiple times:

"Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied."

Hi StormKatt,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what model printer you have.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The model of my printer is in the title of the posting and my initial entry. The other folks who are chiming in may have different printers but one thing is common, Windows 10. Please investigate why my brand new printer doesn't work with W10 and if you find a fix I imagine the other folks' problems will be able to use the same fix. Thank you.
Announcements