cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF8580, red over the black text

RadLab
Apprentice

When I print text documents with color elements, they print with red text hovering over the black text, producing a ghosting-like effect, making all text (which should just be black anyway) very difficult to read.

As I was adding the photo, I noticed that it's also printing yellow text under the red, where the text should just be red.

I think this is an alignment issue, but I can't figure out how to fix this. Any ideas?

20160304_145753.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Patrice
Whiz

Hi RadLab. 

I will be able to assist you with this issue.  It is recommended that you perform an autogradation adjustment.  Please follow the steps in the link below to perform this adjustment:

imageCLASS MF8580Cdw - Correcting the Gradation

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Now when I print double-sided, the text on the back sides of pages looks fine, but the front side still has red over black text. Is there a more thorough way to correct this?

Has this been solved? I am having same issue.

dfhoran
Apprentice

Has this been satisfactorily solved? I am having same issue.

Hi dfhoran.

If the steps provided above do not correct the problem for your MF8580, you may also try Correcting Print Mismatch.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements