cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF8380cw Driver

PaulPrass
Apprentice

Good Day,

I have a MacBook Pro with OS Yosemette 10.10 and my Canon MF8380cdw won't work since the update to OS 10.10.

I get a filter error when I try to print - tried setting it up via bonjour and via IP address.

Tried downloading the Mavericks driver, but the installer won't run on 10.10.

What can I do - can't print - HELP!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi PaulPrass.

The pre-released, beta version of the Mac OS X 10.10 operating system is not currently supported with the imageCLASS machines.  Drivers are normally released for supported units after a new operating system has been commercially released.  I recommend checking back after the operating system has been commercially released.

Should you need any futher assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Patrice
Whiz

Hi PaulPrass.

The pre-released, beta version of the Mac OS X 10.10 operating system is not currently supported with the imageCLASS machines.  Drivers are normally released for supported units after a new operating system has been commercially released.  I recommend checking back after the operating system has been commercially released.

Should you need any futher assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Understandable, but sloppy. I have the same problem and I can print with all other printers but my Canon. I - like PaulPrass, I'd guess - try to be on the cutting edge of technology. Apparently Canon doesn't. I'll keep that in mind when I purchase my next printer.

Dear cjlaurent,

I agree, we have two bilg machines  - a Canon C7075 and a C3200.

And we bought 4 of these smaller machines also.

We have had nothing but problems wiht the Mac Drivers on all of them.

Think it is time to consider other manufacturers that support their products.

Best regards,

Paul

I will be looking for other machines.

I am very dissappointed iwht Canon.

Will never use your products again

I am also having this issue now that I've upgraded to OS X 10.10. Since the OS is now a commercially available product, I expected to see drivers available for it. However, I'm not seeing them. Is there any ETA as I am now without a printer due to these errors.
Announcements