Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF726cdw not scanning to email anymore

mannylee910
Apprentice

Canon MF726cdw not scanning to email anymore

error 752, 753, 806...

tried troubleshooting for 2 hours with canon support today to no avail. someone help!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.  Take each error one at a time and confirm:

-Network connectivity

-Incorrect email address, SMTP server, ports or credentials

-Your Firewall or ISP is blocking traffic  

Cause 1
The server is not functioning. The network is not connected.
Remedy
Check that the SMTP server is operating properly. Check the status of the network.
Cause 2
The SMTP server name for the e-mail or I-fax is not correct. Alternatively, the domain name or e-mail address may not be set.
Remedy
Check the SMTP Server Name, Domain Name, and E-Mail Address in Communication Settings. (See "Common Communication Settings for E-Mail/I-Fax.")

Cause
A TCP/IP error (Socket or Select error, etc.) occurred when sending an e-mail or sending a fax from the Remote Fax client machine.
Remedy
Check that the network cables and connectors are properly connected. If the machine still does not operate normally, turn the main power OFF, and then back ON. (See "Main Power and Energy Saver Key.")

Cause 1
An incorrect user name or password was specified for the sending of a file to a file server.
Remedy
Change the user name or password.
Cause 2
An incorrect destination was specified for the sending of an e-mail message or I-fax.
Remedy
Check the e-mail or I-fax address.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

mannylee910
Apprentice
Tried all these with canon rep. The 806 is persistent. Posting on forum to see if anyone else has similar issues. Able to still scan remotely via iPhone app. Did not want to plug in computer to printer every time

Nik2018
Contributor

I have the same problem  have this canon for 2 years working great since turn on

I can print - copy - scan to computer - scan to email with NO PROBLEM.

.. Then start to go crazy .. sometime can see computer ..... 

NOW ... can't scan to emay anymore ...... WHY ...???

I think because of drivers update cause problem.

Canon put out too many drivers update .... A LOT ....

I have no idea when some are good .. but I can tell whaen some update is BAD.

I think my problem came from drivers update.

Why , because this printer worked great and I can scan to Computers ...  to Email  for almost 2 years

Now .... I can't scan to Email  and can't see some computers.

......  All are the same network , same WiFi .....

BUT I can print normally ..... Just SCAN part that have problem ......

I have been study how to fix it from many youtube but no success.

Some suggest to set up authentical which I never do that before.

So the authentical theory won't work.

.... Help .... !!

Hi, Nik2018!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements