cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7020a How to turn QR light off

larrydonline
Apprentice

I need help with how to turn the QR light off on my Canon TR7020a printer. If I press the light a QR code appears in the window but I don't know how to use it. I scanned it with my Samsung camera but all I got was a picture of the QR code. I'm beginning to think I can't use a printer anymore if they are all this high tech and assume everyone is up on all the latest technology. They ought to be more user friendly and walk you through what to do. I tried repeatedly to connect my cell phone to the printer but they just wouldn't pair. I'm guessing that I need some program open and do the QR scan from within that program but I don't know what they would be. I tired scanning the QR code with Chrome and it opened the manual which is going in circles since the manual tells nothing about how to turn off the light.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just tried printing from the computer again and it is now working. Don't know what I did that made a difference but thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, larrydonline!  The QR code just provides a shortcut to the printer's manual.  You can access the entire manual library for your PIXMA TR7020a right HERE.  If you check the information there and you still need help getting your printer and phone to work together, please reply and the community can offer their guidance.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your response, Danny. I've read the manual several times but find no help with turning the QR light off. All I want to do is print. It stopped printing and the QR light came on when the black ink cartridge was depleted. I've replaced that cartridge and checking ink levels shows that it is now full for both black and color but it still won't let me print. I've unplugged it and replugged it hoping to reset whatever is causing the  QR light to be on but it solved nothing.

I can't connect my smart phone because it does not see the printer when scanning for Bluetooth. I've played with that using every setting I can find including  Wireless Direct. I really don't care if I can connect my smartphone I just want to be able to print.

I just tried printing from the computer again and it is now working. Don't know what I did that made a difference but thank you for your help.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements