cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF4770n scanner not working on Windows 10 x64

shyam09
Apprentice

The printer works fine without any trouble, but Toolbox (to scan documents) isn't working. It doesn't detect the scanner. Is there an update for this printer to support windows 10 soon? Or is there another way I can go about doing this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The drivers have been updated for WIndows 10. Scanner works perfectly over network. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Aaron1
Apprentice

I have same problem with my MF4350d scanner.  If anyone has figured out a way to get Toolbox or scanner to work with windows 10, please post.  Printing is not a problem, but I need to use the scanner too.

I don't think your printer has networking, but if it does, my temporary solution was to install the network software on my second computer and just use network scanning to be able to scan.

I figured out how to fix both the Toolbox and scanner.  It simply requires that you uninstall both the current drivers and the Toolbox, reboot the computer, and reinstall the drivers.

I tried that and still can not scan from my latop. Any advice?

I solve this problem on my Imageclass MF4350d by dong the following:

It simply requires that you uninstall the current drivers, remove the printer, disconnect the printer USB cable,  reboot the computer, and reinstall the drivers, connect the printer USB cable and reinstall the printer..I used Print Management  app to uninstall current drivers.Both the tool box and Windows Fax  and Scan program worked after these steps.

I hope it helps you.

Thanks wcklypc.  Followed your steps and got my MF4350d tool box and scanner working just fine.

The key for me was unplugging and replugging the USB cable after removing driver file and restarting the computer.

1. Uninstall drivers and Toolbox Program (may need to boot in safe mode to uninstall toolbox)

2. Unplug USB Cable

3. Restart Computer

4. Download and Install Updated Drivers and Toolbox from Canon site

5. Replug USB

6. Open Toolbox and select Scan1

Yes, this works until I shut down the pc and rebooted it. Then Win 10 could not connect the scanner again. Repeating the steps get it to work again, but only until the next shut down. Any help on a more permanet sollution?

I had issues with keeping my scanner working and had to reset the connection regularly.  Recently I saw that I had drivers for an additional older scanner (Xerox) installed on my computer.  I unistalled all other drivers except for the Canon, and have been good for a while now.  I recommend looking to see if you can remove any older scanner drivers or programs using"Uninstall a program".

Announcements