cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF Scan Utility installation crash

readdyeddy
Apprentice

Hello,

My software driver installation keep crashing.

I reformatted my computer 3 times. No I do not have any antivirus or firewalls enabled. (Yes, I am totally vulnerable to hacks, and threats) but the installation still does not work.

I just bought this printer, Canon MF 269DW. I need the software to scan. Printing isn't an issue.

Even when I did a test scan, the paper went through just fine, but the machine kept saying "Paper jammed" even though the 1 paper went through without any issues. (I'm IT, and i thoroughly verified internally that there are no papers stuck in there).

I can't install my driver, software, utility, nothing.

Got an idea? (Been working on this for few days now).

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

New printer.  Sounds like you have 2 separate issues.

Printer

-Paper jam error.  Whether real or imagined by the printer, if it believes there is a problem, you may need to resolve it before the printer or scanner will operation properly.  This might include the ability to install its software.   

Computer:

Unable to install the Scan Utility.

Since you mention "Scan Utility", I'll assume you are running windows?

Are you installing from the included CD or a file downloaded from your printer's product page?

I would not use the CD, as its files might be old or outdated.  

Support Portal:

It might be possible that the file or installer you are trying to use is incomplete or corrupt.  Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the file and trying to install it?

Scan Utility W10

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwNTYyOTA2&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Relying on Windows Security without a 3rd party AV application doesn't make you any more susceptible to hacks or threats.  It affords a default level of protection in conjunction with the operating system's firewall.  Security best practices includes a layered approach.  There is no one solution that affords or guarantees 100% protection.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

first, I have downloaded the driver, software, firmware installer from the canon's support/download page.

- No luck, all installers are apparently corrupted.

Second, I just opened the printer, I opened the box 2 days ago. And this is the second printer, first was returned thinking that it was defective. Both printers are saying that there is paper jam. Both printers dont work with installer.

- I also have experience repairing printers, toners, rolling pins, etc. I am familiar with laser printers from office environments. This is the first time I'm having this much issue. I disassembled parts, and re-assembled it, just incase. It's more of a sensor issue at this point. I've bought 5 printers in the last 2 weeks.

Third, I've tried downloading older version of the installers, no luck. I've tried the CD, no luck. I've tried checking archived installers, no luck.

I've tried installing this printer in other networks. I tried installing the driver and software in 5 different computers. All corrupt.

Hello Readdyeddy,

I checked our installers for the MF269dw and looks like I was able to perform the install. The files on the site should not be corrupted. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Windows operating system are you using on the computer?
  2. When the install crashes do you get an error? If not, at what part in the install does it crash?
  3. Are you able to perform a copy without getting the paper jam error?
  4. What is the name of the downloaded file that you are using for the install?

For a more immediate resolution, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements