cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF641Cw - glossy label paper not coming out glossy after printing

saratk
Apprentice

I'm printing on glossy label paper meant for a laser printer and after printing it is not coming out with the gloss. 

Also some sheets are printing with streaks

I was wondering if anyone is able to suggest any ideas on how to fix this?

Does this printer not print on glossy?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Glossy print outs.  Not all media types will be supported and some might work better than others. 

Also note.  Labels of any sort should be loaded in the manual feeder...  Although the cassette is supported I'd recommned using the feeder.  This might help with streaking.

Loading Paper in the Multi-Purpose Tray - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741C...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Saratk,

Glossy paper is not one of the supported media types for the MF641Cw. The portion where the toner fixes itself to the paper will usually cover the gloss on the surface of the paper. Depending on the finish of the paper, the heat from the printing process might remove the gloss.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements