cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LBP6230dw wireless connection troubleshooting

slxb2020
Apprentice

Something weird is happening with my Canon LBP6230dw set up wirelessly.

I used to connect it wirelessly to my wifi network SSID A. It was working perfectly. Then I changed SSID A and made SSID A to as my guest network SSID. I created SSID B as my new SSID.

I re-installed the printer to connect wirelessly to SSID B. At first, there was trouble because I believe when I used WPS to establish the connection, the printer kept connecting to SSID A. That is understandable. So I changed SSID A to be SSID C and also changed the password, then disable this new SSID C. I finished the installation. Since only SSID B was enabled at this installation time, on the remote UI, I could verify that the printer was indeed coonected to SSID B. The printer works fine when SSID C is disabled.

But when I enable SSID C, the printer stops working and appears offline.

That is where I don't understand. The SSID C is completely different then SSID A, the name is different, the password is different. How could the existence of the SSID C affect the printer connection?

1 REPLY 1

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi slxb2020,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Please contact the router or provider about SSID C issues. It is interfering with or blocking SSID B when it is enabled.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements