03-10-2019 12:46 PM
Everything has always been fine with this printer. Then one day it decided not to print from the desktop. Here is the info:
1. Connected to desktop hard line on home network.
2. Used to print no problem. One day just stopped.
3. Still prints over wireless via iPad, Android phones
4. Still scans documents via desktop no problems
5. When I try to print from MS Word it says "no printers installed".
6. When I click "add printer" in MS Word, settings open and 2 Canon MF6100 series printers are under printers, one has URFII LT there also. The one that says just Canon MF6100 series says driver unavailable, gives option of remove printer. (It is and fresh one was downloaded.) The URFII LT one has the options of Open Queue and Manage.
7. Trouble shooting, etc. has no effect.
8. Troubleshooting and trying to use the printer used to give some sort of message about spooling but then it just started saying printer not available.
Literally the printer worked fine one day and then this started the next day.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-12-2019 06:10 PM
Let's perform a complete uninstall process of the drivers. Since the printer is connected to the desktop with a USB cable, it will need to be disconnected during this process. Once you have disconnected the cable, please follow the steps below to uninstall the drivers:
1. Return to Control Panel > Devices and Printers, and then remove the second listing for the MF6100 Series. Please verify that all jobs are canceled before selecting Remove Device.
2. When all of the icons are removed, open Control Panel > Uninstall a program. Double-click on the MF6100 Series driver, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the drivers.
3. Restart the computer.
Once the computer has restarted, and leaving the USB cable disconnected, please click the link below to download and reinstall the drivers:
MF6160dw - Drivers & Downloads
Once the drivers have been reinstalled, please restart the computer again. When the computer is back on, please reconnect the printer, and wait a few moments. Please try to scan again.
If the error persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).
03-14-2019 02:59 PM - edited 03-14-2019 03:02 PM
Two things before I start.
First,i just noticed that it is running on wireless! It has been awhile since I hooked up the home network and I forgot that I did the printer on wireless.
Second, should I also remove Canon MF Tool Box software that runs the scanning function? For some reason the scanner works still.