cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageClassMF249dw

ChathamFoot
Apprentice

I just put in a new canon CAN137 cartridge and my error light is flashing and the an error keeps coming up that the cartridge is at end of cartridge lifetime.  It was purchased at Staples and just opened out of new box. I have followed all steps on screen and the error light keeps flashing. I reset button unplugged and took out cartridge etc.

Manual has not helped

Can anyone answer how to end the flashing light 

2 REPLIES 2

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ChathamFoot,

Before you installed the toner cartridge in your imageCLASS MF249dw, did you remove all of the sealing tape from the toner cartridge?  Also, when you reset the printer by taking out the cartridge and unplugging the power cord, did you leave the power cord unplugged for at least ten minutes before reconnecting the power cord directly to a wall outlet?

If you removed all of the sealing tape and reset your MF249dw (as mentioned above), then I recommend contacting us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.  I understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication; however, speaking with our telephone technical support group will be very beneficial in this case.

If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ChathamFoot
Apprentice

Thank you, I did come in this morning and unplug the printer for 10 minutes and the light is out........ for now I hope :0)

Funny thing is I have never had to do this before

Thank you

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements