cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageClass MF424DW Scan Settings

DeletedUser0113
Apprentice

My ImageClass has two pre-set Custom Scan Options when Selecting "Scan to Computer"; however, there is no way (that I can see) to edit the custom settings. All forums / manuals / help only discuss editing the Fax / USB / File / E-Mail settings NOT the Scan to Computer settings. 

Right now, my Scan to Computer options are just doing a one-sided scan. It would be nice if I could actually set up the custom settings to preferences that actually work for me.

Has anyone had any luck in editing the Scan to Computer custom options? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi AspireHelp.

The direct link to the MF Scan Utility online manual (changing the presets) may be found at the following link:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-1480-zz-DR-enUV/contents/dwu-scan-set_dev.html

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have a look in the MF Scan Utility.  Believe you can edit the default settings there.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Darius
Whiz

Hi AspireHelp.

The direct link to the MF Scan Utility online manual (changing the presets) may be found at the following link:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-1480-zz-DR-enUV/contents/dwu-scan-set_dev.html

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, this did help. The online manual I found was NOT helpful at all. 

Is there a way to change the name of the Custom Options? I am looking at the MF Scan Utility and there is no option there to change the name and there is no option on the machine itself to change the name. 

Hi AspireHelp.

The Product Name is the drop-down at the top of the MF Scan Utility main window.  Ensuring that is correct before accessing the Settings will ensure you are changing those settings for the correct scanner or multifunction printer.  If only one supported scanner or multifunction is installed, then it will be the only option.

Settings, as the next step, is the Settings button in the MF Scan Utility.

If the above directions did not clarify the directions, or if you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Announcements