cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw 600x600 Scanning

mikerobles
Apprentice

I purchased a Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw printer that according to the specs, can scan at 600x600. However, the Canon Business Print App only allows scanning at 150x150 and 300x300. How can I get this printer to scan at 600x600?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi, mikerobles.

The Canon PRINT Business app is designed for use on mobile devices, which have more limited storage space than computers.  For that reason, the Canon PRINT Business app is restricted to 300 DPI as the maximum scanning resolution.  As Resolution scales linearly, File Size scales exponentially.  For higher resoluton, you will need to scan with a computer, using the MF Scan Utility.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply Darius.

The problem is that I don't have a Windows PC, I use a Chromebook, but I need to scan at 600x600.

Can I scan at 600x600 directly from the printer using a USB flash drive connected to the prinetr's USB port to store the images? If so, how can I do that?

Is any other way I can scan at 600x600 using a Chromebook?

Thank you.

Hi Mikerobles.

There is currently no way to set the specific scan resolution to 600 x 600 other than through the MF Scan Utility.

Highest resolution may be achieved by setting the Data size to Large (greater detail), and scanning from the platen.  Scans from the document feeder will have a lower resolution.  If this doesn't provide sufficient scan resolution, then a compatible Windows or Mac OS computer will be necessary to use the MF Scan Utility.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements