cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Color Imageclass MF644Cdw not working after Windows 11 upgrade

mikegmazzone
Contributor

Hello,

I have a Canon Color Imageclass MF644Cdw. After upgrading to Windows 11, it will no longer connect to our laptop. I attempted to search for drivers for windows 11 but Canon website says there are none or none are needed.

Also I did notice that it is not showing under the printer section of the device manager.

Please Help!

HP laptop 17     

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.20 GHz

Windows 11 Home   21h2   osbuild  22000.258

Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.258.0

8 REPLIES 8

mikegmazzone
Contributor

Please help! 

Hi, mikegmazzone!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

MWarren12
Contributor

I had a similar issue after a windows update:  basically I had to find the Canon Generic Plus UFR II  driver and the printer started working again. 

Thank you for the help,

Please bare with me as i am not very experienced in computer/tech issues,

Where do i find the 

Canon Generic Plus UFR II  driver ?

I am so dissapointed , I feel like this printer is high quality, but I am alwasy having issues with it. Always having to restart it to reconnect, and I was barely able to get it to scan to email, I never was able to set it up for wireless printing so it always has to be plugged into my usb in my laptop, and now this! I upgrade to the new windows and now poof it wont connect.

I am not computer savy either; 

I clicked on my printer in the list of "Printers and Scanners"

Then from that screen I went to  "Manage"

Then to Printer Properties

Then to the "Advanced" Tab at the top;  from there you should see

"Driver"   click on the drop down box to select the driver

Hope this helps

It generally is not the printer but Windows updates.. been our experience over the years.

great , thanks for the help. I performed the most recent update for windows, restarted the printer, and now its working again! thank you for the help.

Hello Mikemazzone,

It looks like the printer is not currently installed on your new Windows 11 setup. You can download and install the drivers for Windows 10 and they will work on your Windows 11 computer. You can download and install the recommended driver found at the link HERE. If you are having problems with the install, feel free to contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements