cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1550 install on Windows 10

Crickette
Apprentice

New computer purchases install my working canon printer, installed great on windows 7 & 8 but not 10, ugh!Printer install error.png I called Canon, Dell and Microsoft to install my printer software. I am still unable. The error is could not install printer driver. We have down all new software and still same error. Microsoft was able to install a printer but still not the software. So I can print but I cannot fax nor scan.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Crickette.

Please temporarily disable your antivirus software and try the installation again. If the error persists, there may be another program causing a conflict with the installation. If you continue to experience an issue, we will have to recommend that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

We did this and it did not work.  I called Canon and spent an hour on the phone they did not fix the issue.  They had me call Dell, I did that for 2 hours and they did not fix the problem.  They had me call Microsft and I spoke with 4 techs over 2 days and they did not fix the problem.  

Announcements