cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Scan from MF236n

cowbelle
Apprentice

Hello,

I can't scan using the buttons on the MF236n.  

I have gone into Scan Settings,  and entered shortcut key settings,register, scan >PC1.  Selected USB Connection, and B&W Scan.  

The screen "settings applied".  

However, when I go to scan, it says "select scan type", with computer listed below.  When I click on "computer" it says "connect the computer", which I have done.  And I can't get past that.

If I go into my printer settings on my Mac, I can activate the scan from there.

Printing is fine - I can print a document no problem.  It's just scanning which is giving me grief.  

I just set up the printer today, and downloaded the drivers from the Canon USA site.    I have restarted both my Mac and the printers.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Darius
Whiz

Hi cowbelle.

Scanning from the Device Settings >> Printers & Scanners screen generally uses Mac's scan utility, Image Capture. Try scanning using the MF Scan Utility or MF Toolbox, found in Applications \ Canon Utilities\.

If neither of those is present, download and run the Scanner Driver & Utility installation [Drivers & Downloads Page link].  If they're present but cannot find the printer, try registering the MF236n, as a new device, on the Scanner tab of the Printers & Scanners list.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same issue, but I have a PC running on WIndows 10. My Printer utility does not show scan, it allows only printing. Do I need a different driver for scanning from the MF236n newtowork computer.

When I try to scan it prompts me to scan to computer but then says "connect the computer" when my computer is connected to the pc via ethernet cable to the network pc.

AaronJ85
Apprentice

mmidgley
Apprentice
Announcements