cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON MF236N - PLACE ORIGINAL IN FEEDER ERROR

steveo241
Apprentice

We have 3 of these printers in our office and the printing function is fine but when scanning using the software app for Windows 10 and gives a error when trying to scan off feeder on all 3 printers. It will advise to place originals in feeder when there is no paper jam and paper is aligned fine. All firmware is up to date on printer. We have uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled using canon's webpage for current drivers. Unsure what needs to be done. The settings are put on Feeder currently but was on Auto and gave errors when trying to use Auto. When we changed to Feeder it worked for one day. USB cable has been replaced as well.

WIN 10 Pro; Version 21H2; OS Build 19044.1889 

4 REPLIES 4

jfurness
Apprentice

"PLACE ORIGINAL IN FEEDER" error

We are having the same issue with the same model and slightly different models at 18 different locations. Also using Windows 10 Pro, USB connected, Using the scan utility v 1.11 and 1.20. All Windows updates are current and use printer drivers from the website.

To get it to work I have uninstalled the previous drivers, rebooted the computer, and reinstalled the current drivers from the website. It lasts for about a day and then it stops working again. In one case it only worked for a few hours and stopped working after a reboot.

Hello Jfurness,

If the issue comes up after a restart on the computer, it will usually point to a problem with the drivers or software that are currently running on the computer. If the drivers are up to date, you can try restarting the WIA (windows image acquisition) service to see if the software starts to respond again.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest calling in for support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what is going on with the driver/software communication between the computer and scanner.

steveo241
Apprentice

Same here. I uninstall everything and works for the day I need it, but when we come back in to work the next day it's back to not working. Unfortunately, I hate to say but do not recommend this model of printer to anyone. I have seen other models have this same issue but not real resolution to this issue.

kellyschin
Apprentice

Same for me.  I uninstalled everything, reloaded the drivers (which appeared to be the same ones I just uninstalled) and it worked for a day.  The scanner works from the flatbed, but not the feeder, when using the MF scan utility.  The feeder DOES work when not using the MF scan utility (the other "scan" function which didn't require the separate download and has less functionality)

Announcements