cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank strips when scanning death certificate

PRECOMIS
Apprentice

Printer model is ImageClass MF424dw

When scanning or copying certain documents, such as a death certificate, the scanned/copied image has blank strips across the page, as shown in the attached image.

Please note that I blanked out the person's name on the document; the black box is unrelated to the scanner issue.

screenshot1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hello PRECOMIS.

I'm sorry about your loss.

Legal document papers may be created or treated in ways that interfere with scanning (copy protection), to prevent or minimize counterfeiting.

Try scanning the document in black and white, and/or reduce the size of the copy/scan.  If these do not work, then you'll need to obtain copies of the certificate from the morg, mortuary, or hospital from which it was issued.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hello PRECOMIS.

I'm sorry about your loss.

Legal document papers may be created or treated in ways that interfere with scanning (copy protection), to prevent or minimize counterfeiting.

Try scanning the document in black and white, and/or reduce the size of the copy/scan.  If these do not work, then you'll need to obtain copies of the certificate from the morg, mortuary, or hospital from which it was issued.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements