cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Adjust Gradation fails

GWT
Contributor

imageCLASS MF644cdw, purchased 11/2019.

All of the options under Auto Adjust Gradation give this msg : "Unable to perform correction."  What is going on here?

[Discovered the above in the process of trying to solve a failure to print B/W text, except very very illegibly faintly. Have 'shaken' the cartridges as specified.  All are at about 70%.   Colors seem to print.  Also have some sort of streaks down the center of the page when printing a color image.  Some text only, or B/W text-graphics jobs will print ok, if the printer properties are set to Color (that is not B/W or Auto).  But not everything prints well that way.]

This printer is, I believe, under 3 yr limited warranty.  I wonder what that means - the explanation on the website seems a little vague.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I found the following relating to this topic:

Could not perform correction -- message -- MF644Cd... - Canon Community

and

<Adjust Image Quality> - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / M...

Nothing ambiguous.  Remove and reseat the toners, use OEM cartridges.  If this doesn't help. contact Canon.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the links.

I'll see if that helps.  I've been messing with printing problems for a few days now.  Full adjust worked just a couple days ago.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello GWT,

If you are unable to perform a gradation adjustment, it could be caused by the tone cartridge or how it is placed in the printer or the paper setting. If you are using a genuine Canon toner cartridge and have already removed it and put it back into the printer, you can try the adjustment one more time and check the settings. After selecting the option for full adjust, make sure the paper size and paper type on the printer display, matches the paper that you have loaded.

If you are still unable to perform an adjustment, You can use the link provided HERE to check your service options or to contact our phone support team.

For information on the three year warranty, you can check the information provided in the link HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements