cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Questions about iPF 6400

mstratil
Enthusiast

(a) My new 6400 turns itself off automatically after being used for a while. I do not want it to do this. I have searched for the option that controls this, but I can't find it. Can someone tell me where to find this option?

(b) If I send a print job to the 6400 when it is off, the job does not print. More importantly, I cannot then cancel that job. In my Windows 8.0 print manager, the job just sits there saying it is deleting but nothing happens. How can I resolve this problem without restarting my computer?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The iPF6400 has an automatic Shut Down Timer.  By default this is set to 8 hours.  Perform the following to turn the timer off:

1.  Press Menu.

2.  Select the Set./Adj. Menu.

3.  Choose System Setup.

4.  Choose Shut Down Timer.

5.  Turn the setting off.

Once this has been done, use the back button to back out of these menus and return to the home screen.

Typically, cancelling the job should remove it from queue.  If this is not happening on your particular computer we would have to advise that you restart the machine.  Once you disable the Shut Down Timer you may not have to perform this again.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I'm not familiar with that printer, but do you have a page like this in your printer driver?

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

See this:

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi J,

Thank you very much for your contribution. Unfortunately I cannot find anything like the power off option shown in your image. My maintenance window has only printhead/cleaning options.

But thanks for trying.

I found that when I got out of PS CC, my printing block disappeared and I have now printed. But I would still like to figure out the power off option.

Mike

Hi Mike.

My second post was a scrteen shot of the manual I googled. Check your manual for system setup window.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

Your input was helpful as it directed me toward a search of the manuals. After some thrashing around, I found the answer in the Basic Guide.

Keep in mind that the menu structure of your P100 is not the same as the one for all other Canon printers. But thanks for prompting me to do an online search of the manuals.

Mike

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The iPF6400 has an automatic Shut Down Timer.  By default this is set to 8 hours.  Perform the following to turn the timer off:

1.  Press Menu.

2.  Select the Set./Adj. Menu.

3.  Choose System Setup.

4.  Choose Shut Down Timer.

5.  Turn the setting off.

Once this has been done, use the back button to back out of these menus and return to the home screen.

Typically, cancelling the job should remove it from queue.  If this is not happening on your particular computer we would have to advise that you restart the machine.  Once you disable the Shut Down Timer you may not have to perform this again.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements