cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

054 Toner for the imageCLASS MF642Cdw ??

ForeverBlue
Contributor

I've been on the official Canon website several times in the last 2 weeks & can't believe they don't carry the toners for this laser printer/copier/scanner.  A Canon Help person said they're out of stock, but this 054 isn't even listed anywhere.

Amazon is sold out too & who knows when it will return there.

Staples nor OfficeMax or Office Depot don't carry them AT ALL (not just out of stock).

ANYONE know where else to buy/order them?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi ForeverBlue.

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA as to when the cartridges will be available in the Canon Online Store. You may want to try other Canon authorized resellers like Best Buy or Walmart. I have included a link below to a Google web search:

Canon 054 Toner - Web Search

Regarding the toner yield, the black cartridge that comes with the printer is a standard cartridge and will yield about 1,500 pages. The color cartridges are starter cartridges and will only yield about 650 pages; however, this number may be lower for starter cartridges. Standard color cartridges will yield about 1,200 pages. 

The toner yield is based on a 5% density coverage on the pages. This would be similar to a short industry standard letter approximately 14 lines of text. The yield achieved will depend on the quality settings and coverage. For example, if the documents printed cover more than 5% of the page, or includes graphics, charts, bolding, high/dark quality settings, or Legal size, etc., in turn the yield would be lower.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ForeverBlue
Contributor

BTW, does anyone know how long each set of colors lasts w/ a pretty abundant amount of printing?  Almost $250 to just last a year isn't worth it...3 yrs maybe yes.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi ForeverBlue.

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA as to when the cartridges will be available in the Canon Online Store. You may want to try other Canon authorized resellers like Best Buy or Walmart. I have included a link below to a Google web search:

Canon 054 Toner - Web Search

Regarding the toner yield, the black cartridge that comes with the printer is a standard cartridge and will yield about 1,500 pages. The color cartridges are starter cartridges and will only yield about 650 pages; however, this number may be lower for starter cartridges. Standard color cartridges will yield about 1,200 pages. 

The toner yield is based on a 5% density coverage on the pages. This would be similar to a short industry standard letter approximately 14 lines of text. The yield achieved will depend on the quality settings and coverage. For example, if the documents printed cover more than 5% of the page, or includes graphics, charts, bolding, high/dark quality settings, or Legal size, etc., in turn the yield would be lower.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks a lot Patrice.  Yes, I've been doing Google searches several times already.  I happened to finally get it at Best Buy, but their prices are higher than usual.  It's a good thing they do price-matching!  

Can you ALSO give me any permanent discount codes for purchasing these toners.  Almost $400 for the black & 3 colors is MUCH higher than I never spent.

Announcements