cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

physically disable wifi function on PIXMA TR150

Cyberdoog
Contributor

I need to physically remove the wireless interface from the Canon PIXMA TR150 printer and use wired USB connection only. I know I can disable it in the user interface but that won't suffice. Has anyone ever tried to take one of these apart? Is there a service manual someone could send me on how to disassemble one of these units so that I may permanently disable wifi function? Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

normadel
Authority
Authority

1. Why do you want to "remove" the wireless interface? Why isn't disabling it enough?

2. The wireless interface is undoubtedly NOT a discrete component you can remove. It most likely is integral in the motherboard of the printer.

1. noyb

2. undoubtedly?, likely? sounds like you don't really know. did you ever take one of these apart to verify? if not please do not reply again

Hi, Cyberdoog!

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Any questions Community members ask in reference to the original post are made to help the Community better understand your issue.

If unable or unwilling to give any rational explanation for your issue,
please check out your other support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount .

Thanks!

Perfect...

Looks like you don't have any registered products
You must have registered products in order to see support options

normadel
Authority
Authority

How rude. Good luck.

I apologize. You are right, I was rude, and am very frustrated that we as consumers have allowed ourselves to become so vulnerable to cyberattacks with no apparent solution. Currently there are no wired (non-wireless) compact printers available on the market.

The answer to your first question follows....

We hijacked 28,000 unsecured printers to raise awareness of printer security issues (cybernews.com)

Hi. I'm not a tech; however, the article you've referenced specifies UNSECURED printers are at risk. Not to disable the WiFi. You want to change the default password. You'll find instructions for that HERE.

I hope this helps, but if you need additional help, let us know!

I need to physically remove the wireless interface from the Canon PIXMA TR150 printer and use wired USB connection only.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

He's going to need more than luck. The wireless interface cannot be physically removed without damaging the device.

The printer is not designed to be disassembled, changed or physically modified. Canon does not recommend or support this. It also voids the warranty. I have a feeling I know why this is being asked, but its not supported regardless.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements