cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip110 turns on, checks ink, then turns off

cph
Contributor

Canon says the solution to this problem would be to turn off the "automatic shutdown" feature in Power Settings. I am unable to find those settings in the Printer Utility. Of course the printer is no longer connected to my computer via Bluetooth.

I'm using Windows 11.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

cph
Contributor

This is a fix to allow you to connect with USB. You have to first turn off your router.

Follow the procedure below to disable the wireless LAN.

1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.

2. Press and hold the RESUME/CANCEL button then release the button when the POWER lamp flashes 12 times.

The Wi-Fi lamp goes off. AND THE PRINTER STAYS ON.

Note

• To re-enable the wireless LAN function, press and hold the RESUME/CANCEL button, then release the button when the POWER lamp flashes 10 times.

MC94115
Apprentice

Before the firmware patch I was tearing my hair out. I would turn off my router and be able to keep the printer on and use thru USB but whenever connecting to Wifi, it would have the same problem because of the DNS issue no matter how much I started over and cleared out the connections an re-installed drivers, etc. 

I just applied the firmware update and everthing works now. Super duper annoying. I am so glad I didn't discover the problem until today however, when the patch got published. Other folks are in for a rude awakening when they power up their printers later on this year.

Where do I get the firmware patch? 

Please click the link in my first message and then select your model printer from the list. 

Where to find this 'Printer Update Utility'?

Announcements