cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip110 turns on, checks ink, then turns off

cph
Contributor

Canon says the solution to this problem would be to turn off the "automatic shutdown" feature in Power Settings. I am unable to find those settings in the Printer Utility. Of course the printer is no longer connected to my computer via Bluetooth.

I'm using Windows 11.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

dougjstevens
Apprentice

Yeah, there's some sort of bug with these printers.. If WiFi is turned on, the printer tries to connect to it, and then power cycles. I tested turning off my WiFi network, and it boots up, but is basically useless because I don't have the ability to connect it via USB to a computer.

bbergs
Apprentice

I'm also suddenly having this issue. Used it two weeks ago with no problem. I don't even think it's related to the automatic shutdown, I can't get it to stay on long enough to even reset the wifi or anything.

Ok the issue to solve is, power off you wifi or your router, start the printer, reset the printer https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/iP110%20series/EN/UG/ug_changing_settings0980.html

After of that the printer will start normally and you can print using USB..

power on you router again too..

If you want use the wifi you need to reconfigure the printer using you canon software put a fixed IP and the gateway must be a incorrect one to avoid to the printer connect to internet

This doesn't solve the problem I'm experiencing. When turned on the printer immediately turns off. I spoke with a tech support guy this morning who said Canon is aware of and working on this issue.

I am having the same problem. Did they say when they would have a solution to this?

Unfortunately they didn't say. I was able to switch to using a USB cable in the meantime.

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

Unfortunately, when I turn the printer on, it shuts down in about 10 seconds so the update wont transfer over.

Thank you SamanthaW !! Problem solved !!

Announcements