Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Scanner PDF problem

Hi all, 

I`ve read the how to post a message but still didnt see anywhere to post about a scanner problem.

I hope and presume someone will put me in the right direction.

Sorry for any ingorance on my part.

My problem is this.

I have a Canon lide 220 scanner set up on a windows 10 desktop computer and it keeps scanning a document in pdf format and I want it in jpeg format.

I`ve gone into settings and messed about with them but still no joy.

I am presuming the scanner is automatically recognising and scanning as if its a pdf file, but is there a way to stop it doing so, or am I not getting it.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Alan

Reputable Contributor

Re: Scanner PDF problem

[ Edited ]

Output options allows the following:  JPEG/Exif, TIFF, PNG, PDF, or PDF (Multiple Pages)..  

See page 118 of your manual

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro nVidia GPU 1809
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Scanner PDF problem

Thanks Shadowsports, 

I agree that the scanner is old and I would be best to upgrade, the trouble is the dam thing just wont break down, I also have a Pixma 2600 Printer and that too just keeps going, couple that with a 9000 pro A3 printer and again they just keep working and I am loath to replace them till they stop working.

Perhaps Canon should build them with a limited life.

Having said that I have recently been thinking of just biting the bulit and replacing all 3 with a more up to date all in one printer, scanner and copier, but which one to go for is the problem.

I will have to trawl the internet and see which one fits my needs.

Many thanks for your advice and help.

Alan.