cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product Registration fails = stuck ? any advice how to actually be able to contact Tech Support?

Orr101
Apprentice

I have a Scanner (CanoScan LiDE 400) that I got on AMazon about a year ago. It worked fine, but today when 
I try to use it on my W@indows 10/64bit, The SW calims "the printer is in use" and stops. Unistall/reinstall & Reboot -

Still fals. 

Ok - I'll contact tech support. But - Tech Support will ONLY talk to you if you register your product. But When I try
to register the product, the registration page refuses my Serial #, caliming it is invalid or non-USA. 

AND .... 

There seems to be no other way to talk to anyone. No email addres, no Chat option - It seems I am stuck 

ANy Advice ? 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I hope the following information will be helpful.

Your Canon scanner does come with a 1 yr instant exchange warranty.

Registration and proof of purchase is required.

Also true that you cannot use "Chat" unless a product is actually registered.  I just verified this in my Canon account.

Registration and entering serial numbers.  (Printers and Scanners) You only need to enter the last 8 or 9 digits (so try both).

If you purchased the printer from "Ships from and sold by Amazon" or a authorized Canon dealer, the product will have a USA warranty.

If you purchased through Amazon, but from a 3rd party seller, your product might be gray market.  You might still be able to register it and even receive support, but repalcement options might only covered in the country where the product was indended to be sold. 

If you are beyond your 1 yr warranty, jumping though hoops to get the product registered might offer limited options for you.  

With the above in mind, your issus appears to be software related.  One quick way to check would be to test the device on another system.  If you can scan, you'll know the hardware is ok.

If your windows build is "20H2" I would suggest using the latest drivers.

The latest drivers currently avaialble are dated 1-21-2021:

Support | Photo Scanner | CanoScan LIDE 400 | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements