cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about Canon HS system of low lighting

emery25
Apprentice

How well is Canon HS system for taken low light pictures where there little light? I am going to a basket ball game and take pictures in the stand of  a group picture but not sure how well HS system will do in low lighting.  I am thinking of getting Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Black. How fast is the focusing and the DIGIC 5 Image Processor?

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi emery25,

Thank you for posting.  The HS system, especially when combined with the new Digic 5, produces excellent images in low light.  The detail that comes though is amazing.  The ELPH 330 HS also uses the newer High Speed AF, which reduces the overall focusing time by approximately 34% compared to the conventional AF system being used in the past.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Mike,

I have a older Canon A720 IS Powershot camera and it don't take great low light pictures and I have to use exposure setting button on the camera if I don't want to use flash that have liging from a lamp.  It takes great outdoor and indoor pictures just not great on low liging and when you want to not use flash. It have a CCD sensor and the ELPH 330 HS have a CMOS senor that in DSLR's. There is a lag with the camera in wanting to take next picture when it writing  to the memory card. I have messed some improtant shots because of the lag. 

I am moving up to newest technology and hope the ELPH 330 HS will performed better then my older Canon A720 Powershot camera. I am hoping battery life is a lot better and write speeds on memory card have improved. I always wanted a camera that took wide 24 pictures because I take many group pictures and have to stand back farther with my Canon A720.  I take pictures at birthday parties that have kids and it hard to take pictures of them. I hope the new camera can deal with moving groups of kids. I take some videos and hope new camera makes corrections to the video. If you in low light setting place (like candle lighting) 

I look to see if ELPH 330 HS have pure color system LCD screen on Canon product page of ELPH 330 HS but it don't say. There not even a product manual on ELPH 330 HS under manual area. 

Announcements