Legend
Legend

Multiple SPAM postings

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

I'm fully aware. There were well over 100 overnight that the spam filter didn't catch for some reason. 😭

FWIW, we moderate every single post on the Community individually and manually. The spam posts that hit the filter are auto-moderated. These have gone into the normal moderation queue, so I have to verify that each post is, in fact, spam—then determine if I should also ban the user (are they a bot). Then, we must document every step of the process for auditing purposes. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Guys,

Good morning.  I logged in around 4AM PST and saw a bunch of them. I reported several as spam.  I knew Stephen is usually on Sundays.  @Stephen, sorry you have to paw through all of them.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you! I've worked very hard to automate most of the "nonsense" over the years, so it's frustrating when something like this happens and sets us back to the stone age! 😂

PS 4AM? 😮

Stephen_0-1719755332430.gif

click here to view the gallery
Announcements