cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased a Canon BG-R10 Battery Grip from B&H and received gray market item?

gbcue
Apprentice

I purchased the BG-R10 from B&H last week.  Their product page doesn't mention anything about it being imported or gray market. But the warranty card in the box says it's only for Australia or New Zealand?

I called B&H earlier today and they said to send an email to CS with the above photo and they said "Items sold in the USA no longer require physical paperwork warranties. Their warranty is able to be provided digitally. Australia, however, might still require them. This product has a USA warranty."  Is this on the Canon website somewhere?  I registered it to my Canon account just fine since it doesn't ask for a serial number.

The RF 50mm f/1.8 I also ordered at the same time came with a USA warranty card.

Anyone else receive an Australian/NZ Canon BG-R10?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@gbcue wrote:

I purchased the BG-R10 from B&H last week.  Their product page doesn't mention anything about it being imported or gray market. But the warranty card in the box says it's only for Australia or New Zealand?

I called B&H earlier today and they said to send an email to CS with the above photo and they said "Items sold in the USA no longer require physical paperwork warranties. Their warranty is able to be provided digitally. Australia, however, might still require them. This product has a USA warranty."  Is this on the Canon website somewhere?  I registered it to my Canon account just fine since it doesn't ask for a serial number.

The RF 50mm f/1.8 I also ordered at the same time came with a USA warranty card.

Anyone else receive an Australian/NZ Canon BG-R10?  Thanks!

If you were able to register it with Canon USA, then there is probably no problem.  If you are in doubt abou. It, then I suggest that you contact Canon directly, instead of in a user forum such as this one.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you need it 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements