cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing factory code in Canon New F-1

bamel
Apprentice

My vintage ‘New F-1 Canon’ camera has only five characters in the factory/date code (note, it is stamped inside the film chamber). 

It doesn’t have the sixth character – the letter that would identify a factory. Some people claim that it is rare/unheard of.

I would like to find out the reason for the missing production facility's id  and if it has any bearing on the camera’s value.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Boy is this ancient history!  I have used F1n's for a very long time but it was a very long time ago.

If your F1n has the AE1 finder and is in excellent shape it is worth $150-200 bucks.  No matter what serial number it has.

Plus you will find a limited market.

(They are fantastic ameras.  I still have mine and since it and I have been all over the USA together I wil never sell mine.)

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Boy is this ancient history!  I have used F1n's for a very long time but it was a very long time ago.

If your F1n has the AE1 finder and is in excellent shape it is worth $150-200 bucks.  No matter what serial number it has.

Plus you will find a limited market.

(They are fantastic ameras.  I still have mine and since it and I have been all over the USA together I wil never sell mine.)

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements