cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Not Working - Canon Gateway down

scalesusa
Contributor
After getting a new Access point setup Saturday, we lost power in a windstorm, and now that power is back, I wanted to use Wi-Fi to transfer images. I know I can do it with a card reader or connect the camera to a computer, but I bought my G1X in order to use it wirelessly. When I go to sync a image, I just get a message that says it can't contact the server. Checking the Canon image gateway, I get his message "Thank you for visiting CANON iMAGE GATEWAY. This site is currently not available due to maintenance." Apparently, the gateway must be operating to use the Wi-Fi feature?? Who was the bright engineer that figured that out? I have to rely on a unreliable web site in order to use the Wi-Fi feature of my camera? Surly someone making cameras has figured out how to upload directly to a computer via Wi-Fi.
2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You must have an Eye-Fi or similar wireless enabled SD card? Did you configure the card to upload to the Canon site?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

You must have an Eye-Fi or similar wireless enabled SD card? Did you configure the card to upload to the Canon site?

WRONG!!

A G1X MK II has Wi-Fi built-in.  Why would I buy a eye-fi card?

Yes it is configured, and has been working, but when I went to use it today, no dice.

Its well known that the Canon site is needed to be able to use the Wi-Fi feature, its not the best implementation of Wi-Fi, as I found out today.  When the site is down, it renders the Wi-Fi feature on Canon cameras useless, except maybe for certain uses with Smart Phones.

Announcements