cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with denied rebate

chweston
Apprentice

I just purchased a new Canon 4100 via a canon reseller on Amazon. Although the printer's condition was marked as 'Used/Like new,' the description of the product states "Open Box. Comes with a 1 year on-site Warranty from Canon. Full set of ink and Printhead included. This printer has not been setup or been out of the box. It's still factory packed." The printer is brand new and it was not a return. I submitted my invoice for the printer to receive the current rebate but was denied because of the word "used,' in spite of the description of printer stating it as factory packed, never removed from the box, etc. 

Now I have an amended invoice from the reseller indicating the condition of the printer as new. However, I've been told by the rebate company that the reseller needs to contact canon, to then contact the rebate company to make an exception even though I have the corrected paperwork, as I'm not allowed to resubmit myself? 

This is my first time buying a canon product and I'm just baffled by how unnecessarily convoluted this process has been. I would appreciate any help or advice with this...

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

That sounds really frustrating!  If the rebate was being offered by Canon USA, we recommend contacting our sales team about this so that they can dig a little deeper.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays at 1-800-385-2155.  We look forward to your call!

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Do you know if you purchased from the Canon Store on Amazon and it was fulfilled/shipped by Amazon? Otherwise it’s very suspect that this was legitimate. One of the frustrations when purchasing from Amazon.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Not through the Canon Store but an authorized Canon reseller. The printer is definitely a legitimate Canon printer...the issue is that the 3rd party rebate company (and at this point Canon) is giving me the run around. I just spent 47 minutes being transferred to different Canon customer service departments to be told in the end that Canon can't override anything. This makes no sense when the printer is new. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I do not work for Canon.  I'm an end user like yourself. 

Let's focus on the facts.

Canon does not sell open box items.

An authorized retailer is not allowed to sell open box items as new.  Open is open.  The seller / retailer did this to you.  Their poor choice of words, incorrect invoice, etc.

This is between you and the reseller, not you and Canon.  

Here is a list of authorized resellers / dealers.  Its current as of 5-15-2023

https://www.usa.canon.com/content/dam/canon-assets/authorized-dealers/canon-ad-5-15-2023.pdf

I'm very sorry you are going through this, but I think its the retailer's responsibility to make it right.  Not yours, and certainly not Canon's. 

I'd press the retailer authorized or not for a solution.  They did it, make them solve it to your satisfaction.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements