cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everybody talks about Canon dying but every pro I have seen uses Canon. Why are people claiming it w

Titusjames
Apprentice

Everybody is hyping up Sony as the brand that will change the market forever and Canon will die out and stuff but after working as an assistant for multiple pro photographers I saw everyone happily shooting canon 5Dm3's and getting amazing results nobody was going to switch simply because there is no need. It does the job and does it reliably. Currently I'm shooting for the Finnish military and guess what cameras we are using? What a surprise canon 5Dm3's and 5Dm4's I think one out of 50-60 photographers in the army is in the Sony system and a few are on lumix. This death of Canon is atleast in my eyes is no where to be seen the switching to Sony is not happening anywhere in the pro market. Only people that I see switching are those reading specs and numbers instead of actually shooting daily.

4 REPLIES 4

Jeff_USN_Photo
Apprentice

I just bought a 6D mark II, I have no fear of them dying out.  I tried the 5D but since I already have an 80D I wanted something with the same controls but FF. the 6D is the 80D on steroids.

I am happy with my decision

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

You can thank me for that... Smiley Wink

My partner looked at my gear locker and firmly believes that I have personally kept Canon in business for the last two decades

at least!Smiley Embarassed

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tronhard stated:

My partner looked at my gear locker and firmly believes that I have personally kept Canon in business for the last two decades

at least!Smiley Embarassed

Me, too.

People kid me that I fill up my SUV with camera gear: they think I buy the gear just to fill up my vehicle.

Truth is, I bought the vehicle to accommodate the gear.

Chris P. Bacon
F-1; AE-1; EOS 1V, EOS-1D X Mark III, 5D Mk IV, 6D, 6D Mk II, 7D, and 7D Mk II; scads of Canon, Zeiss, and Sigma lenses.

ChrisPBacon
Enthusiast
Canon has some rather strange attitudes about what it does and doesn’t equip its cameras with; what lenses it produces, etc, but I think it’s safe to say they’re going to be around for a while.
Chris P. Bacon
F-1; AE-1; EOS 1V, EOS-1D X Mark III, 5D Mk IV, 6D, 6D Mk II, 7D, and 7D Mk II; scads of Canon, Zeiss, and Sigma lenses.
Announcements