cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email received for colab

Shanae
Apprentice

Hi 

I received an email from "canon" That I'm not to sure about. 

Im just starting up as an photographer so this might sound silly, but better safe that sorry. 

CANON MANAGEMENTS <canonmanagements@gmail.com>

Aug 29, 2024, 8:53 AM (1 day ago)

to me

Hello.

I am Emma Chamberlain , brand influencer marketing manager "CANON" We are launching our influencer/ambassador campaign the last quarter and we sincerely wish you would be part in the companies history .You captured us with the beautiful content work on your page, we love and admire your the activities you do, it's shows beauty, confidence and power. Your Instagram profile is great! We think our brand customers would love the beautiful and captivating content you have. We discovered your page on Instagram reels #explore and you have also tagged us on some of your posts and we became interested in the beauty of your content. This collaboration, the company would be sending free monthly packages (10 items of your choice every month), with your own exclusive discount code to share, make shout outs and reposts on our Instagram and website! Every month the companies newest brand products will be delivered to you. You are to promote and show off those products in your own style.

Promoting the products you will tag us on our Instagram. Show casing the products best either wearing them or just showing off the package! You will be paid a 25th percentile salary , 3200USD Monthly ( this is for your social media engagements) This is the beginning subsequently you will have more bigger deals with "CANON" .The aim for this collaboration is to grow, show love and put smiles on our customers as the year ends. We believe you to do what you do best. You will be paid via bank transfer or WISE or PayPal . You would make weekly posts and shout-out of our newest brand products. We expect a maximum and minimum of ten posts from you in a month.

Note this is a paid collaboration deal, and this campaign's payment will depend on your social media engagements. As we work together we will grow together. After the years runs out, we may consider making a long term collaboration. 

Kindly let us know if you accept this offer and hope to work with the Brand. Thank you.

Best regards,

"CANON"

Is this sent from Canon or is it someone trying to scam me.

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Canon does not use Gmail.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I would suspect a scam. I don't know why Canon would be using a gmail account when they have their own site.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Shanae!  We can confirm that that's not from us.  Official correspondence from Canon USA would have an address ending with the "canon.com" domain name.  We recommend not replying to it and reporting it to your email service provider if you can.

Have a great day!

Announcements