cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MPB reputable?

shamolo2
Apprentice

Trying to convince my mother that MPB is reputable. Attempts so far have left mixed results. I’m buying an EF-S 17-55 and an ef to eos r adapter for a bit over 500 usd total. From what I’ve seen, the majority of reviews have said it’s good but others are not so good, saying it’s a scam, etc. I personally don’t believe them, but my mother is another story. Also, the BBB’s reviews say they aren’t good either, but as far as I know the BBB is somewhat of a scam (so is Yelp from what I’ve heard so I don’t trust them either).

2 REPLIES 2

AlexWhales
Apprentice

The EF-S 17-55mm lens and the EF to EOS R adapter you're considering are both solid choices, especially for someone looking to make the most of Canon's versatile lens system. The EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 is a well-regarded lens known for its sharpness, fast aperture, and image stabilization, making it great for a variety of shooting situations, from landscapes to portraits. The EF to EOS R adapter is also essential for seamlessly using EF-S lenses on Canon's mirrorless EOS R series cameras, ensuring compatibility without losing image quality.

Overall, these products are well-reviewed and should serve you well, particularly at the price you're getting them for. If MPB is offering them in good condition, it seems like a solid deal. Just make sure to check the return policy and any available warranties for added security.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Where do you live? The Canon refurbished store Is probably one of the best places to buy used gear from.  Here in the US, KEH and the used departments at Adorama , B&H and Lens Rentals are very popular, trustworthy and reliable for used gear.  

I'll let others respond on MPB 's reputation. I don't buy used gear.  Wherever you decide to buy from, make sure the device is inspected, comes with a warranty and right to return.  Mom's can be a hard sell.  😀 Make sure you've done your research.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements