cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox didn't take all photos

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Been pondering this topic for a while but need to get some help. I listed twelve photos with a brief caption in an email. Then I downloaded the twelve photos to Dropbox. It took seven but wouldn't download the remaining five. Never had this happen before. Do I need to reduce them in some way? Asking this as I have opportunities for more writing and photography. A mentor said the less work for an editor, the better he/she will like you. BTW, one publication uses WeTransfer. Anyone familiar with it? Many thanks for reading and your replies.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
10 REPLIES 10

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

tintype_18,

Your DB issue is really beyond the scope of the Canon forum.  The free verson of DB has a 2GB limit.  The service supports drag and drop via your browser or uploads/downloads via their client.  They also have Apps for iOS and Android.  You can send shareable links via email.  They have a user community for their free service and enterprise support for business customers.  Their knowledgebase is also pretty good.

We Transfer is a Dutch company.  Free upload / download where the recipient uses a key to D/L.  Free plan supports up to 2GB, uploads expire after 7 days.  Premium up to 200GB, 1TB storage, unlimited retention up to account limit.  All info was from their website.  I have no idea how safe or secure this service is.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Next question...is there a way I can identify the size of the photo, add up the numbers to see if all the photos will fit? Thanks for the reply, shadowsports.

John

Open the folder in Windows. Select View and Details. The size is shown in KB.

Screenshot 2022-04-17 192753.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

John, I'm not familiar with the screen you show. How to access it? I can pull up the photo in Explorer, click on Properties and get the KB count. Same thing? My computer skills are worse than my photo skills.

John

The screen is what appears when you double click a folder to open it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

John, I open files in Explorer and don't get anything like you show. My computer guru grandson will be here Friday night. Will get a tutorial from him. Many thanks.

I was on the DB community and it was suggested to use Chrome or something else than Firefox. Seems to be another step. Again, the grandson will come in handy. He works for pizza.

John

You need some lessons on how to use Windows! 🙄  John is right, this is not a Canon issue.

Try reading this and see if it helps. A Windows Primer for File Properties 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I realize it's not a Canon issue but I felt it came under General Discussion. Trevor, will look at the link. Thanks.

John

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Trevor, I printed the link for reference. Many thanks for the help!

John
Announcements