cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan 5600f Scan a document

voyager_663rd
Apprentice

I am scanning three pages.  The first page scans as a PDF (like it's supposed to) but the second page scans as an image.  A third page then scans as a PDF.

Any ideas why this happens?  I have to open the image in another program, save it as a PDF and continue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Although I don't have the originals nor rhe copies now, there were (on occasion, a pic on the primarily text page. I assume then the sw "couldn't decide" pic or text and picked wrong ;). Your solution (go manual) will work. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Is there an image on the 2nd page?  Try setting it PDF and not using auto scan.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

It is an an image. But as I said, I did not change any settings between 1st scan and 3rd scan. Yet 1st and 3rd page scanned as PDF's and #2 document scanned as an IMG.

If you are using "auto scan", letting the scanner decide what you want, it will do that if it sees an image.  The scanner knows the difference between text and a picture.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Although I don't have the originals nor rhe copies now, there were (on occasion, a pic on the primarily text page. I assume then the sw "couldn't decide" pic or text and picked wrong ;). Your solution (go manual) will work. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
Announcements