cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 110 - unclearable error message

piolenc
Apprentice

My scanner issues an error message stating that the shipping lock is on. It isn't, but I try to clear the alleged problem by pushing the slide to the locked position, then back to the open position. I then reset the scanner and it works for a while, but the problem then recurs. Is there anything that I can do to clear it permanently?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The locking mechanism is a mechanical function.  Phantom error form an 11+ yr old scanner.  It might just be time to replace it.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Wish I could replace it. It has superb quality, and I can't find a replacement unit here. There are of course other brands, but this is the best scanner that I have ever used. I guess I will take it downtown and see if there is some mechanical repair that the local techs can perform.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello piolenc,

The scanner lock switch error can be caused by the scanner lock switch being damaged, the scanner bar under the glass not sitting in it's track properly or the amount power going through the USB cable. If you are able to scan for a while and then you get the error, it looks more like a power issue.

The USB port transmits data and power. If you are getting this message after a few scans, I would suggest switching to a different port directly on your computer. To make sure you get enough power, make sure you are not connecting through a USB hub or a docking station. You can also try a different USB cable to see if that works if the other ports have the same problem.

If plugging the scanner into a different port directly on the computer and trying a different cable did not work, it wold mean the scanner needs service.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement scanner.

Announcements